Our R&D team has both highly experienced as well as a young R&D engineers who have been inventing new technologies in the field of Power Back-up and Solar Power Generation along with the lithium battery technology and now in the EV space as well.
We already have the latest testing equipments for testing of our products like the 3-Phase and Single-Phase Power Quality Analyzer, Digital Power Oscilloscopes, Electronic DC Loads, Digital AC Loads, Digital Battery Stimulator, Digital Solar Stimulator, Digital Motor Stimulator, Digital Data Loggers, Power Meters, Programmable DC power Supplies, Safety Power Analyzer and many other high tech testing equipments which are required for deep research &development work.
A functional PCB tester is a critical machine used in electronics manufacturing that ensures the quality and reliability of populated printed circuit boards.
It performs a series of automated tests to verify the electrical connections, components, and features/functionally of the populated PCB and helps manufacturers maintain consistent quality across different batches of products.
The PCB Functional testing machine consists of a hardware platform that includes test probes, switches, and other measurement instruments, as well as a software system that controls the test sequence and records the test results.
The software is usually designed to be highly customizable, allowing manufacturers to define their own tests and specifications and to add new tests as needed.
PCB functional testing machines are essential for ensuring the quality and reliability of electronic products because by catching defects early in the manufacturing process, they can save manufacturers time and money by preventing costly rework in the field or product recalls which can impact reputation and future sales.
They are also an essential tool for maintaining consistent quality across different batches of PCBs, ensuring that products meet the required standards and specifications even if some components changes across clusters.
There are many functional testers available in the market. Some functional PCB testers are designed to not only test the functionality of the PCB, but also to program the microcontroller on the PCB.
These testers are often equipped with programming tools, such as an ISP (in-system programming) or JTAG (Joint Test Action Group) interface, that allow them to program the microcontroller directly on the PCB. Suvastika’s PCB Functional Tester has this capability inbuilt.
However, not all functional PCB testers are designed to program microcontrollers. Some testers may only be capable of testing the functionality of the PCB and not programming the microcontroller. In this case, a separate programming tool would need to program the microcontroller which is an additional step and hassle in production.
It’s essential to check the specifications of the specific functional PCB tester you are thinking of using to determine if it can program the microcontroller on the PCB.
- Fully Automatic PCB Functional Testing machine with cloud connectivity
- Modular Jig fixture to handle different PCB variant
- The standard jig can support up to 40 test points and can be expanded easily
- Can check AC/DC voltage, Current, Resistance, etc., for each test point
- Automated MCU firmware Programming and verification
- Automated calibration of parameters
- UART interface for protocol-level testing or board configuration
- PC Interface: 2x USB 2.0
- Operating voltage 230V, 50/60Hz
- Weight: 12-15 Kg, depending on the instrumentation
- Dimensions: 18 inches (L) x 18 inches (B) x 25 inches (H)
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 45 Degrees C
- PC Software
- Operator Access Control
- Testing Jig Configuration
- Test Program Creation and modification
- Thermal printer Interface for printing QR code stickers (PASS, FAIL)
- Test data is stored in the local database as well as synched with the Cloud
- Smart Factory Cloud Platform to monitor PCB Functional testing Remotely
- Designed and manufactured in India
- Customization is possible on request
Suvastika is also offering PCB Functional Testing on a Subscription basis which is the first time any company is offering it as an enterprise solution.
Application of PCB Functional Tester:
- Automated Production testing of analog /digital electronics assemblies (PCB tests). Functional testing for products like Inverter/UPS, BMS, sensors, Dataloggers, Controller cards, display cards, actually any PCB which needs functional testing.
- Alternative to expensive high-end testers
- Automation of manual tests in R&D, Validation department.
- Repair depart in the factory can use PCB functional tester to quickly find issues instead of debugging the board manually by spending hours.
Parts of PCB Functional Tester https://suvastika.com/pcb-functional-tester/
There are three main parts in a PCB Functional Testing Setup
- Testing Jig
- PC Software
- Smart Factory Cloud Platform
For PCB Functional Testing, one needs PCB Function testing Jig, A PC, and software and if remote monitoring is required, then a cloud-based intelligent factory app.
Windows PC software allows one to configure the PCB functional tester for any PCB with any number of test points, and you can set how many points to be tested, the maximum, and minimum voltage/current/resistance value, how many samples need to be used for averaging, etc.
Operator/Admin access control can be given using ID/ password or QR code scanning.
One can save different test programs for each PCB or its variant and then can select to start using it for the test quickly.
While running, PC software shows the testing progress and status of each test. Each test point measurement is compared with its configured min and maximum value, and the result is displayed as PASS or FAIL, along with the actual measured value for that particular test point.
In the image above, the right-hand side panel is the terminal view, which allows an operator or floor supervisor to see the progress in more detail. This helps quickly find the issue in case PCB functional tester is not working or misbehaving.
PC software automatically generates the serial number based on Date, Time, Factory Code, Jig Code, and serial number, which helps one to identify the PCB in its complete lifetime.
QR code will be posted on the PCB once testing is completed.
Test result data is not only stored in the local database but is also pushed to Suvastika’s Smart Factory cloud platform, where Factory managers can easily monitor the testing progress and the resut.
A Lithium Battery Tester is a device used to test the performance and reliability of a lithium battery pack.
Lithium batteries are commonly used in various applications, such as electric vehicles and renewable energy storage systems, etc. where the performance and reliability of each cell within the battery pack are critical for optimal performance and longevity of the battery pack.
During the tests, the lithium battery tester measures the electrical properties of each cell, such as its capacity, individual cell voltages, and cycle life, and records the test results. The test results are then analysed to determine the performance and reliability of each cell within the battery pack.
The specifications of a lithium battery tester may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, here are some common specifications that are typically found in a lithium battery tester:
- Test parameters: The test parameters determine the conditions under which the battery will be tested. The parameters may include charge and discharge current, charge and discharge voltage, cycling time, number of cycles, etc.
- Test modes: The tester may offer various test modes, such as various current, voltage, depending on the specific testing requirements.
- Test results: The tester should provide accurate and reliable test results, such as the battery capacity, and efficiency, after each cycle.
- User interface: The tester should have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows the user to configure the test parameters and view the test results easily.
- Safety features: The tester should include various safety features to prevent overcharging, over-discharging, and overheating of the battery, which can cause damage or even lead to a fire.
- Compatibility: The tester should be compatible with various types of lithium batteries, such as lithium-ion, lithium-polymer, and lithium-iron phosphate.
- Capacity: The tester should be able to test batteries with different capacities, ranging from small cells to large battery packs used in electric vehicles or renewable energy storage systems.
- Data logging: The tester should have the capability to log the test results, allowing the user to track the battery’s performance over time and compare the results with previous tests.
Suvastika’s R&D Team has spent more than 2 years to carefully research and develop the Lithium Battery Tester which is useful considering work condition and needs of the industry.
- Cell Chemistry Agnostic
- Supports any number of cells in a battery pack, up to 160
- Support any cell with voltage up to 5V DC
- Charging Current 0-50A
- Discharging Current 0-50A
- Precision Instrumentation for measurement of various parameters like Voltage, current, power, cumulative energy, time, etc.
- QR Code Printer Interface for Printing label after testing is complete
- Local database is used for storing test result data
- Graphs to show various parameters like Battery voltage, current, power, imbalance voltage, individual cell voltages, etc.
- Windows PC Software to easily configure and use the Battery tester.
- Ability to configure no of cycles to test, both charge and discharge relaxation time
- Data is pushed to cloud for remote monitoring and control
- Tester is powered by 220V AC 50/60Hz
- Power backup can be added to ensure uninterested testing
- PC Interface is USB 2.0 High speed
- Operating Temperature- 0-45 Degree C
- Customization is possible for the specific needs
- Designed and manufactured in India
There are various scenarios where a Battery Tester can be used especially if you are manufacturing or using batteries in your high volume/value products
- Controlled Charging
- Controlled Discharging
- Automatic charge discharge Cycle testing
- Battery Cell Equalization
- Battery Performance Analysis
- Battery Stress Testing
- Battery characterization
Suvastika’s Lithium Battery Test Solution consists of two parts, one the Battery Tester itself and the Windows PC Software.
Lithium Battery Tester is connected to main Power by the power cord from the back side of the panel. ON/OFF switch is also provided.
On the front side you will see a DB25 connector to connect to the battery, this is used for tapping the cell voltages and temperature sensor located inside the battery
Battery Terminal is provided to connect the Battery Power terminals
Two USB B type connectors are provided to connect the tester to the PC
Inbuilt FAN is provided to ensure optimal thermal performance of the Lithium Battery tester
Windows PC Software
There are various tabs in the Window PC Software, the first one is the dashboard where you can see all the cell voltages in a bar grap representation
Right hand size panel gives various information about Battery Bank at cell level like what is the minimum voltage of a cell in the bank, maximum voltage of the cell and average cell voltage and Imbalance cell voltage across all the cells in the battery bank.
Other details you will see is Battery Bank voltage, how is the current drawn from the battery in discharge mode or current going inside in the charging mode. Battery Power consumed or discharged and the Cumulative Energy in Watt Hr.
Provision is given to mention Battery ID so that test data can be stored in the databased with the battery ID.
Status section show all the alerts or warning messages like if imbalance voltage goes above set limit, if any communication port of the lithium battery tester is not working, etc.
Debug table gives the ability to control and test all the instrumentation modules used the Lithium battery tester like Voltage measurement module, Energy Measurement module, charger and discharger, etc.
As mentioned, various parameters can be analyzed with trend graphs like battery voltage, battery current, energy consumed or discharged, imbalance, individual cell voltages.
These are various settings available in the software to configure the Battery tester for a particular battery type capacity and test method. You can select if you want to test only charging or discharge or do charge discharge.
You can set the ideal battery capacity so that software will automatically calculate efficiency/actual battery capacity Vs ideal battery capacity automatically after test cycle is completed.
Once the tester is configured and started the autocycle tab gives you details like which mode it is working, when did it start and end, how much duration each mode took, how much energy was used in charging or discharging, Capacity percentage Vs. Ideal capacity, imbalance voltage before and after the relaxation time.
Suvastika’s team is constantly working on upgrading the featured of the Lithium battery tester and its associated Windows PC Software.
Cloud Platform Login: This is the log page of Suvastika’s Smart Factory Cloud Platform. One can log in using an authorized email id and password.
List of different variants of PCBs tested (in the selected duration)
Once login is successful, you can see all other variants of PCBs getting tested and their pass-fail count with percentage. This gives a perfect overview to the factory manager.
One can change the period to see the status during that period, like if you want to see which all PCBs got tested in last month.
List of all Serial numbers of a particular PCB variant
If the Factory manager wants to see details on a specific variant of the PCB that is getting tested, the eye icon can be clicked, and the screen below will open where the list of PCB with their serial number and other information like test duration, who is the test engineer, pass/fail status are listed.
Detailed view showing each test points
Factory managers can go into further detail by clicking on any serial number, and then the screen, as shown, will be displayed. Here you see a list of all tests carried out on the PCB and its result.
This helps the factory manager to see what’s going on in the minute detail and hence gives a complete control.
Production Trend with Pass, Fail
For quick analysis, Suvastika’s innovative factory platform provides a trend view where the factory manager can see how production progressed for a period, like in this month so far or last month, or during the selected period, which could be the last 6/12 months.
This view is critical to see if production is improving, and if failures are getting controlled after specific changes made by the team. Etc.
The best part is no one needs to take manual reading to do this analysis. Everything is automated and manipulation-proof.
Suvastika’s team is constantly working on improving the features of its PCB Functional Tester, its associated PC software, and the Smart Factory Cloud Platform.
https://www.insideoyo.com/su-vastika-solar-the-solar-solution/Our focus is on designing the Automatic Testing Equipment for testing Electric Vehicles so that we can help the Electric Vehicle Industry to test all the parameters to ensure the reliability of Electric Vehicles.
The ATS set-ups are used to test the complete vehicle as well as components like testing of battery, motor and motor controller individually,
This will help improve the quality of the product and the manufacturing process.
These ATS set-ups will be very important for the battery swapping units where batteries will be charged, and quality will be checked for each battery manufacturer for multiple cycles before the sale.
We have a dedicated team for test automation who designs the testing jigs and gets them implemented in production.https://bwautoworld.businessworld.in/article/Su-vastika-Launches-Electric-Scooter-Batteries/22-03-2023-470087/
ATS for Transformer Testing
We make our transformers for each product manufactured by us. So, each transformer is tested on the parameters defined for each category. Those tests are performed and tested, and the sticker is printed automatically to paste into the product with automatic bar code generation, which helps us track each part of the system. This software is then monitored online; all the data is kept online for future reference.
Solar hybrid PCU
Lithium Battery LifePO4 technology
Inverter/UPS/Solar PCU Product Tester on Computer
We have a computer communication interface for almost all of our products.
This helps us easily configure the product for custom requirements and enables us to read parameters and settings via the communication interface.
We have developed custom PC software to validate the Parameters of each of our products.
ATS for Inverter/UPS/ Offgrid and Ongrid Solar Inverter (1P-1P)
We are a very quality conscious company and we want to known for reliability of our products.
Each inverter/UPS/Offgrid and Ongrid which goes out to the market gets tested on various parameters like battery protections, Main high/low protections. They get tested on various protections including short-circuit, overload, low-battery, high-battery, etc., along with load conditions, quality of waveform are checked. Efficiency is also checked during the process.
We have a traceable quality system with the help of which each inverter gets a unique barcode and test reports are saved on our server which can be seen at any point in time.
Solar Hybrid PCU mobile app for monitoring and controlling the PCU
This is another achievement of our RnD to design the MCb tester for testing the AC and DC MCBs as the MCB is an integral part of our products, and if one MCB fails, then the whole product fails, and in Exports, the repairs is a big problem. So we designed our MCB tester with built-in printer for our quality IQC.