A Lithium Battery Tester is a device used to test the performance and reliability of a lithium battery pack.
Lithium batteries are commonly used in various applications, such as electric vehicles and renewable energy storage systems, where the performance and reliability of each cell within the battery pack are critical for optimal performance and longevity.
During the tests, the lithium battery tester measures the electrical properties of each cell, such as its capacity, individual cell voltages, and cycle life, and records the test results. The test results are then analyzed to determine the performance and reliability of each cell within the battery pack.
The specifications of a lithium battery tester may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, here are some common specifications that are typically found in a lithium battery tester:
- Test parameters: The test parameters determine the conditions under which the battery will be tested. The parameters may include charge and discharge current, charge and discharge Voltage, cycling time, number of cycles, etc.
- Test modes: Depending on the specific testing requirements, the tester may offer various test modes, such as multiple currents and Voltage.
- Test results: After each cycle, the tester should provide accurate and reliable test results, such as the battery capacity and efficiency.
- User interface: The tester should have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows the user to configure the test parameters and view the test results easily.
- Safety features: The tester should include various safety features to prevent overcharging, over-discharging, and overheating the battery, which can cause damage or fire.
- Compatibility: The tester should be compatible with various types of lithium batteries, such as lithium-ion, lithium-polymer, and lithium-iron-phosphate.
- Capacity: The tester should be able to test batteries with different capacities, ranging from small cells to large battery packs used in electric vehicles or renewable energy storage systems.
- Data logging: The tester should be able to log the test results, allowing the user to track the battery’s performance over time and compare the results with previous tests.https://suvastika.com/research-and-development-unit-of-inverter-ups-solar-inverter-lithium-inverter-and-battery/
Suvastika’s R&D Team has spent more than two years carefully researching and developing the Lithium Battery Tester, which is useful considering the work conditions and needs of the industry. Lithium-ion battery life cycle tester for e-bike e-motorcycle AGV (batterypackequipment.com)
- Cell Chemistry Agnostic
- Supports any number of cells in a battery pack, up to 160
- Support any cell with a voltage up to 5V DC
- Charging Current 0-50A
- Discharging Current 0-50A
- Precision Instrumentation for measurement of various parameters like Voltage, current, Power, cumulative energy, time, etc.
- QR Code Printer Interface for Printing labels after testing is complete
- A local database is used for storing test result data
- Graphs to show various parameters like Battery voltage, current, Power, imbalance voltage, individual cell voltages, etc.
- Windows PC Software to easily configure and use the Battery tester.
- Ability to configure no of cycles to test both charge and discharge relaxation time
- Data is pushed to the cloud for remote monitoring and control
- Tester is powered by 220V AC 50/60Hz
- Power backup can be added to ensure uninterested testing
- PC Interface is USB 2.0 High speed
- Operating Temperature- 0-45 Degrees C
- Customization is possible for the specific needs
- Designed and manufactured in India
There are various scenarios where a Battery Tester can be used, especially if you are manufacturing or using batteries in your high-volume/value products
- Controlled Charging
- Controlled Discharging
- Automatic charge-discharge Cycle testing
- Battery Cell Equalization
- Battery Performance Analysis
- Battery Stress Testing
- Battery characterization
Suvastika’s Lithium Battery Test Solution consists of the Battery Tester and the Windows PC Software.
The lithium Battery Tester is connected to the main Power by the power cord from the back side of the panel. An ON/OFF switch is also provided.
On the front side, you will see a DB25 connector to connect to the battery; this is used to tap the cell voltages and temperature sensor inside the battery.
Battery Terminal is provided to connect the Battery Power terminals
Two USB B-type connectors are provided to connect the tester to the PC
Inbuilt FAN is offered to ensure the optimal thermal performance of the Lithium Battery tester
Windows PC Software
There are various tabs in the Windows PC Software; the first is the dashboard, where you can see all the cell voltages in a bar graph representation.
The right-hand side panel gives various information about Battery Bank at the cell level, the minimum Voltage of a cell in the bank, the maximum Voltage of the cell and average cell voltage, and the Imbalance cell voltage across all the cells in the battery bank.
Other details you will see are Battery Bank voltage, how the current is drawn from the battery in discharge mode, or the current going inside in the charging mode: battery Power consumed or discharged and the Cumulative Energy in Watt Hr.
Provision is given to mention Battery ID so that test data can be stored in the database with the battery ID.
The status section shows all the alerts or warning messages, like if the imbalance voltage goes above the set limit, if any communication port of the lithium battery tester is not working, etc.
Debug table gives the ability to control and test all the instrumentation modules used by the Lithium battery tester, like the Voltage measurement module, Energy Measurement module, charger, discharger, etc.
As mentioned, various parameters can be analyzed with trend graphs like Voltage, current, energy consumed or discharged, imbalance, and individual cell voltages.
Various settings are available in the software to configure the Battery tester for a particular battery type capacity and test method. You can select if you want to test only charging or discharge or do charge-discharge.
You can set the ideal battery capacity so that software will automatically calculate efficiency/actual battery capacity Vs outstanding battery capacity automatically after the test cycle is completed.
Once the tester is configured and started, the autocycle tab gives you details like which mode it is working, when it began and ended, how much duration each method took, how much energy was used in charging or discharging, and Capacity percentage Vs—ideal capacity, imbalance voltage before and after the relaxation time.
Suvastika’s team constantly upgrades the Lithium battery tester’s features and associated Windows PC Software.