When buying an inverter for your home as a power backup, there are several parameters you should consider to ensure you get the right product.https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/solar-panel-pv/section-5-finding-right-inverter-your-system
Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Power output: Determine the power requirements of the appliances and devices you want to run during an outage. The inverter’s power output should be higher than the total wattage of those appliances.
2. Battery capacity determines how long the inverter can provide backup power. You should choose a battery capacity that can last for the required duration of backup power.
3. Waveform: Inverters can produce sine waves, modified sine waves, or square waveforms. Pure sine wave inverters are recommended for sensitive electronic devices, while limited sine wave inverters are suitable for most appliances.
4. Efficiency: Look for inverters with high 4. 4. efficiency ratings. This will help you save energy and reduce your electricity bills.
5. Charging time: Consider its charging time if the inverter has a built-in charger. A faster charging time will ensure your battery is ready for the next power outage.
6. The Bidirectional technology has a microcontroller or microprocessor-based technology for charging and discharging an inverter.
7. Digital warranty: Nowadays, the latest technology inverters have a digital guarantee rather than a contract on the card or bill, which is an old way of keeping records or proof of purchase, etc.
8. The inverter should have an option of using a Lithium battery so that if I want to use a lithium battery, that’s possible.https://suvastika.com/lithium-battery-option-in-inverter-ups-solar-pcu/
9. The isolation transformer is an essential parameter before buying an inverter as that helps the life of the inverter and is a vital parameter to consider before buying an inverter.
10. If IoT-based technology is available in the inverter, like blue tooth and a built-in wifi facility to monitor all the parameters of the inverter possible.
11. In case of inverter fails, what’s the bypass mechanism which becomes very important if the inverter fails? The whole house is in the dark even if power is available from the grid.
12. Switching time is another significant parameter to check before buying so that TV and computers keep working in case of a power failure and should have less than 10 msec switchover time.
What are the parameters to focus on for buying Inverter/UPS? We have discussed all the parameters one should see before buying n Inverter/UPS.https://www.mrright.in/ideas/appliances/inverter/how-to-choose-the-right-inverter-battery-for-your-home/