A battery energy storage system (BESS) is a Lithium or latest battery technology that stores electrical energy from various sources, such as solar panels, wind turbines, or the power grid, and then releases it when needed. They are becoming increasingly important for several reasons, including:
- Enabling renewable energy: Renewable sources like solar and wind are intermittent, meaning they don’t always produce energy. BESS can store excess energy generated during peak production times and release it when the sun isn’t shining or the wind isn’t blowing. This helps to make renewable energy more reliable and dispatchable.
- Improving grid stability: BESS can help to stabilise the power grid by absorbing excess energy during periods of high demand and releasing it during periods of low demand. This can help to prevent blackouts and brownouts.
- Reducing reliance on fossil fuels: By storing energy from renewable sources, BESS can help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, a significant source of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Can Replace Diesel Generators: By installing BESS, we can replace Diesel Generators installed in homes, offices or any commercial space, which can save pollution and dependence on diesel and save the environment as BESS is a clean energy.
BESS is made up of several key components, including:
- Lithium Batteries: The batteries are the system’s core for storing and releasing electrical energy. Lithium-ion batteries are currently the most popular type of battery used in BESS, but other technologies are also being developed. Lithium batteries are the major components being used these days as they are made for higher charge and discharge rates.
- Power conversion system (PCS): The PCS converts the DC electricity from the batteries to AC electricity that can be used by the grid or by appliances, and in case of shortage of power during the Peak hours, the BESS can provide the energy, which is already stored in the batteries. So, the PCS is handy when there is a power cut or peak power demand or feeding the power to the INTERNAL Grid in case of excess energy available through renewable energy.
- Battery management system (BMS): The BMS monitors the health and performance of the batteries and ensures that they are operated safely and efficiently. The battery management system communicates with the inverter, and power storage can be controlled in case of higher temperatures or cell balancing issues in the lithium-ion battery.
- Monitoring Solutions: The BESS made by Su-vastika has built Wi-fi and GSM hardware along with the mobile application, which can be downloaded from the app store, and all the parameters can be monitored remotely on the mobile or computer.
- Digital Warranty: The BESS manufactured by Su-svastika has a digital warranty, which works inside the microprocessor of the BESS and gives the user peace of mind.
BESS is available in many sizes, from small systems that can be installed in homes to large systems that can power entire communities. The cost of BESS has been declining in recent years, and they are becoming increasingly affordable. At Su-vastika, we have designed BESS from small capacity to big capacity for homes, offices and large commercial installations. https://www.webdesigngurugram.com/suvastika/bess-battery-energy-storage-solutions/
Here are some of the benefits of using BESS:
- Increased use of renewable energy: BESS can help increase its use by making it more reliable and dispatchable.
- Improved grid stability: BESS can help to improve grid stability by absorbing excess energy and releasing it when needed.
- Reduced reliance on fossil fuels: BESS can help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, a significant source of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Lower energy costs: BESS can help lower energy costs by storing energy during off-peak times and releasing it during peak times.
- Increased energy security: BESS can help to increase energy security by providing backup power in case of a power outage.
Overall, BESS is a versatile and valuable tool that can help us to transition to a more sustainable and reliable energy future.