Connecting the wrong battery terminals in an inverter can cause several problems, including:
- Damage to the inverter. The inverter’s internal circuitry is designed to work with a specific polarity, and connecting the terminals in reverse can cause a surge of current that can damage the electronics. A DC fuse between the circuits is blown, and the display LED OR LCD GIVES THE MESSAGE.
- Damage to the battery. A reversed polarity connection can also damage the battery. The battery’s internal chemistry can be disrupted, which can shorten its lifespan or even make it unusable.https://www.electricaltechnology.org/2020/07/battery-reverse-polarity-wiring.html
- Sparks and fire. If the inverter is turned on while the terminals are reversed, there is a risk of sparks and fire. The current surge can create a short circuit, which can heat up the wires and insulation. Although DC fuse or DC MCB operates before that, there can be a fire in the Inverter/UPS in certain cases.
To avoid these problems, it is important to ensure the battery terminals are connected correctly. The battery’s positive terminal should be connected to the positive terminal of the inverter/UPS, and the negative terminal of the battery should be connected to the negative terminal of the inverter/UPS.https://suvastika.com/how-to-safeguard-against-the-explosions-of-tubular-or-smf-batteries/
Here are some tips for connecting the battery terminals to an inverter/UPS
- Make sure that the inverter is turned off before you connect the batteries. This will help to prevent sparks and fire.
- Use insulated gloves and a wrench to connect the batteries. This will help to protect you from electrical shock.
- Tighten the connections securely. Loose connections can cause arcing, damaging the inverter or the battery.
- Check the polarity of the connections before you turn on the inverter. This will help to prevent damage to the inverter/UPS or the battery.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your inverter/UPS and battery are connected correctly and avoid any potential problems.
Written by Kunwer Sachdev https://g.co/kgs/FxMQAd