The Dangers of Tubular Lead Acid Battery Explosions and How to Prevent Them are discussed here. Maintaining a home inverter can be challenging, but ensuring it continues functioning correctly and efficiently is essential. Here are some tips to help you maintain your home inverter/UPS.https://www.mtcounties.org/news/association-news/safety-corner/lesson-learned-exploding-batteries/#:~:text=The%20ventilation%20system%20should%20be,from%20the%20battery%20recharging%20area.
- Please keep the inverter/UPS clean: Dust, along with moisture, can accumulate inside the inverter/UPS, which can cause it to overheat and malfunction. Therefore, it is crucial to clean the inverter regularly using a blower and soft cloth from time to time. Please don’t a piece of fabric, or don’t keep it in an enclosed place so that it gets the air from outside correctly.
- Check the batteries: The batteries in your inverter are crucial to their performance. Make sure to check the battery water level, as the battery becomes a significant challenge for maintenance. Battery watering is tedious and can create a stir when we fill the water.
- We have to ensure it’s not served at 100% level; otherwise, it will come out while charging the battery, and Acid water is spilt on the ground, which can create a problem for the flooring.
- The battery water while filling the water has to be distilled water and needs to be the distilled water only as people sometimes feel that fridge or RO water can be used to fill the battery water, which is a no as that can ruin the battery life as it results in the hardened of the battery plates and the backup is reduced and battery life is reduced.
- The cleaning of battery monitoring vent plugs is another challenge, and make sure those vents are cleaned by removing them and clean in warm water so that all the dust is gone. The filter of the vent plug is clean so that the gasses accumulated during charging and discharging are released immediately into the air and not clogged inside, which can cause a battery blast.https://suvastika.com/how-to-safeguard-against-the-explosions-of-tubular-or-smf-batteries/
- Never try to check the battery water with a match or candle, as the fire around the battery can be very dangerous, as sometimes the fumes collected around the battery can ignite the fire. So always use a torch or other lighting mechanism to check the battery water if required. One should use the vent plugs with indicators which give you an idea about the battery water level and an ideal way of accurately measuring the battery level.
- Test the inverter: It must be tested periodically to ensure it works correctly. You can run a load test or check the output voltage using a voltmeter.
- Keep the inverter in a cool and dry place: Heat and humidity can damage it and reduce its lifespan. Therefore, keeping the inverter in a cool and dry place where it’s not exposed to direct sunlight is essential.
- Schedule professional maintenance: While you can perform essential maintenance on your inverter, it’s important to schedule professional care at least once a year. An experienced technician can check the inverter’s internal components, perform any necessary repairs or replacements, and ensure its functioning at its best.
The Dangers of Tubular Lead Acid Battery Explosions and How to Prevent Them are explained, and we hope that Following these tips lets you keep your home inverter/UPS functioning correctly.
Written by Kunwer Sachdev https://g.co/kgs/FxMQAd