Why Should You Choose a BIS-Certified Inverter/UPS? BIS certification is a mandatory requirement for all UPS and inverters that are sold in India. https://www.bis.gov.in/product-certification/products-under-compulsory-certification/scheme-ii-registration-scheme/ The BIS, or Bureau of Indian Standards, is a government agency responsible for setting standards for products in India. The BIS certification process ensures that UPS and battery inverters meet safety and performance requirements. The Su-vastika Pure Sinewave UPS, Pure Sinewave UPS with ATC, Lithium battery Energy Storage Systems, Solar Hybrid PCU, Lift Inverter/ERD, Energy Storage Systems, are BIS-certified products.
All UPS and Inverters of Rating up to 10 KVA has been included in the mandatory BIS / CRS Registration Scheme under IS standard – IS 16242 (P-1). This checks the safety standard compliance for the Inverter UPS as they can be risky if not tested for these safety standards. The consumer gets the product passed on the safety test, which is performed on the Electrical Safety Analyser, which is there in the lab of Su-vastika to check all the products manufactured by us. Even in 3-phase Inverters and 3-Phase UPS, it plays a major role but is not made compulsorily by the BIS.
There are several benefits to having BIS certification for UPS and inverters. First, it gives consumers peace of mind knowing that their product meets certain safety standards. Second, BIS certification can help manufacturers to improve their battery inverter UPS and processes. Third, BIS certification can open up new markets for manufacturers, as many countries require that imported products meet certain safety standards.
The Battery Inverter, Solar Inverter, Solar PCU, Hybrid Solar off-grid Inverter/UPS, Lift Inverter, Energy Storage Systems, and ERD is essential for BIS certification because these products are essential for businesses and homes that need backup power in case of power outage. BIS certification helps to ensure that these products are safe and reliable, which is critical for businesses and homeowners who rely on them.https://suvastika.com/bis-certificate-for-lift-inverter-lift-ups-erd/
Here are some of the specific requirements that all the products mentioned above must meet to be BIS certified:
- They must be able to withstand High Voltage surges and High Current surges for a certain amount of time which is an important safety parameter for any Inverter UPS installed at home or office as there may be fire can be caused because of inverter UPS if the Inverter UPS does not pass this test.
- Another important parameter is to check for any leakage current in the System, which might shock the user as most of the Inverter UPS comes in a metal body. Hence, the child and older people are at high risk at home and offices touching them and getting shock.
- They must have a battery backup to provide power for a specified time, and during that duration, the product should not cross the heat limits set by the standard.
- They must have a safety mechanism that will automatically shut them down if they overheat.
- They must be labelled with certain information, such as the manufacturer’s name, model number, power rating, and important safety instructions.
The BIS certification process is important for the Battery Inverter UPS because it helps to ensure that these products are safe and reliable. BIS certification can also help manufacturers to improve the confidence of customers and help them to improve standards and systems.
I hope we got the answer to Why Should You Choose a BIS Certified Inverter/UPS?
Written by Kunwer Sachdev